This has happened to me several times lately, and it happened again this afternoon. I found myself eating because I thought I was hungry. Hmmmmm. Still hungry. So ate some more. Hmmmm, still FEELING hungry.
When I take a minute to evaluate the situation, I realize that, hmmmm, maybe, JUST MAYBE i wasn’t actually HUNGRY at all - but THIRSTY!
I take a long drink of water and presto - that “hunger” feeling is GONE!
How often do we confuse hunger with thirst? I think lately I’ve been doing it A LOT! this is going to be a focus for me over the next few weeks. i drink lots of water every day (some more than others) and take multiple water bottles with me to work daily but I think I can do even better :)
Other notes: ate bad yesterday and today. not worried about it. LOVE the fact that even though my scale was up a little this morning i felt GREAT and thought i LOOKED great!
going to the grocery store first thing tomorrow morning and am ready to get back to better eating after two lax days.
i was a lazy bum today. woke up at 4 to prep sub plans, took them into work, laid around til I had to go to the dr. drove to lincoln (that’s where my dr. is), did the dr. thing, drove back to omaha and OHMYGOSH was soooo tired! i fell asleep from 2:30-4:30. Went to work to prep stuff for tomorrow’s sub, now i’m babysitting. i have a TON i want to get done tomorrow….can’t wait to cross things off my “to do” list :) yeah, you’ll notice that today didn’t involve any sort of work out. oh well. it is what it is.
two days off in a row!?!?! took a sick day today for the drs. appnt. using my last personal day tomorrow. i could get used to this :) if only i had a job where i get months off at a time….oh wait…i do :)
- losingtobecomeawinner reblogged this from lindsaydoeslife
- sayhellotocindy likes this
- tumblingoffthecouch likes this
- cupcakesandchaucer likes this
- sotodernstsuess said:I ALWAYS confuse thirst and craving for sweet things. I don’t usually crave sweet things, I’m more the savory type. But when I find myself eating Haribo or Snickers I know I should rather drink some water
- uhoh-janellio likes this
- insearchofmybalance likes this
- missmarisol likes this
- tallmormon likes this
- andigetsfit likes this
- sarahspeaksnow likes this
- gillsquirt likes this
- equilibriumseeker likes this
- snapthistiger likes this
- davidsgoals likes this
- aroseblossoming likes this
- flaquitalaurita likes this
- regainingmymoxy said:Yeah yeah yeah RUB IT IN! BTW, now I am thirsty.
- rubytakescharge said:This happens a lot to me and I’ve been trying to be more conscious of it. It’s not always easy to tell the difference.
- rubytakescharge likes this
- cherokeepurple likes this
- lindsaydoeslife posted this