i think yesterday marked the 3 month mark until the chicago marathon.
thinking about the marathon scares me. i get butterflies (not the good kind) in my tummy when i think about it too much. can i do a full marathon? am i too far behind in my training (or lack thereof) to even try to do it?
i’ve been thinking about the marathon a lot today.
i’ve decided that although my “training” has been inconsisten/non-existent for most of the summer, my new motto is “it’s never too late.”
so, i sat down with mr. firefox and mrs. google and looked into some training plans. i basically made up my own plan that’s a mish-mash of a few plans i found.
i feel so much better about the marathon now that i have my runs - especially the long runs - planned out on my calendar.
i’m HORRIBLE at following training plans - but i know to be able to do 26.2 i need to put in more time and effort into running.
honestly, lately i haven’t been wanting to run. at all.
but, i’m gonna keep at it and MAKE myself do more - because you know what’s worse than running/training even if i don’t really WANT to?
getting to chicago in october and regretting not being more prepared.
just found out instead of having to be out to babysit at 7:15 i don’t have to be there til 10!
as soon as i hit “create post” i’m setting out my running clothes/stuff for tomorrow morning’s run.
it’s never too late…
- lostweightgainedlove likes this
- leadoeslife likes this
- stephsdoinglife likes this
- gettingfitbythirty said: Excited for you! I think I’m going to try and make that the weekend I visit Chicago so I will be there to cheer you on!
- davidsgoals likes this
- melanietris said: You already have a good base of running, so I don’t think its too late. Just fake it til you make it and you’ll get back in the groove.
- becky-balances said: Can we start a Chicago roomies support email chain? I’ve been freaking out too…stupid injuries.
- becky-balances likes this
- anaggiesjourney likes this
- victoriafindslife likes this
- joshbuildshealth likes this
- marathonmelissa likes this
- xfitlibrarian likes this
- regainingmymoxy likes this
- runningbysheds likes this
- cupcakeconditioning likes this
- toridanielleloveslife likes this
- pattidoestris likes this
- charlesonthemove likes this
- runningfortheriesling likes this
- thepreppyhippielife likes this
- missmarisol likes this
- honestlyamy said: It’s never too late!!!! My new motto!
- activealways likes this
- uhoh-janellio likes this
- jordangetsfast said: You go girl! :)
- jordangetsfast likes this
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- steentobe127 likes this
- lindsaydoeslife posted this